0741 157 1500 (Phone)
Documents

April 2021 Parish Council meeting – Action Points from meeting

MinutesParish Council meetings - Minutes & Agendas Uploaded on April 26, 2021

Present:                    Jane Claxton (JC) Chair, Kerry Coughtrey (KC) , Mike Allin (MA), David Brittain (DB), Tony Broughton (TB), Robin Dunstan (RD), Lee Scott (LS), Sally Tanner (ST) & Chris Welfare (CW)

In attendance:          County Janet Duncton (JD), Alan Sutton (AS), Louise Collis (Clerk)

 

Outstanding Action points – May 2020 – December 2020 Parish Council meeting

Agenda Item   Councillor Due Date Completed
14 – External Bodies

(May 2020)

Formation of local Parish Councils Meetings – Gauge interest with other councils JC/Clerk On going Clerk has set up a what’s app group for clerks – Bury, Sutton & Barlavington, Duncton & Fittleworth
34- Finance Current Year

(May 2020)

CW to submit claim for Neighbourhood Plan Grant CW By Next meeting In Progress. CW to submit – ongoing

 

16- Health & Safety Reports

(June 2020)

Millennium Arch – Clerk to get 3 quote for structural inspection

 

Clerk Ongoing JC/MA to discuss prior to next meeting – JC to contact Oakmasters once a clearer Traffic calming proposal as been agreed with the 2020 Consultants
7 – BT Phonebox Near The Swan

(Aug 2020)

Repainting of phonebox by BT Clerk Ongoing BT Openreach have added the phonebox to the 2021 painting schedule. Clerk to monitor
10c)- Working Groups

(Sept 2020)

Communications Working Group

Data Protection Officer –The clerk will look into options for a third party data protection officer

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Ongoing

 
10c)- Working Groups

(Sept 2020)

Communications Working Group

Update Privacy Statement to cover all areas  – not just data held in relation to the website. The Clerk will update the Policy for review and approval.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Ongoing

 
10d iii) Finance – Drainage report

(Nov 2020)

Commission drainage survey for network of drains from top of Lower Street to River Planning Committee Ongoing January 2021 update – Scope of work has been agreed by the Planning Committee and LS to  approach 3 companies for a quote for the work.

 

√Quotes received and contractor approved at April PC meeting.

11h)i) – Working Groups – Playground Maintenance

(Nov 2020)

·   Loose/ missing post caps / slats on fencing (finger trapping risk) Repair & Monitor for any further deterioration

 

·   Worn swing chain (cradle seat) to monitor and to replace when 40% worn

 

 

·   Outdoor Fitness Equipment – Skier – The weld(s) on this item have failed.

·   Table tennis net – welding required

·   Vandalism – Table Tennis fire damage – Youth Area – Mick Foote to repair

Clerk/MF

 

 

R. Levett/ Clerk

 

Mick Foote

Mick Foote

 

Mick Foote

Ongoing

 

 

 

Quote received/ Ongoing

 

 

Ongoing

 

Ongoing

 

 

Ongoing

 

 

To be carried out shortly

 

 

 

√Quote received & Made2Play instructed. Per Made2Play email dated 12/3/21 work to be carried out once part received

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Outstanding Action points –January 2021 Parish Council meeting

Agenda Item   Councillor Due Date Completed
13 d)ii). Finance – Other Update Mandate for Signatories Clerk to add JC& TB to be added as signatories on the Parish Council bank accounts Clerk ASAP  
14. Working Groups -h) – Footpaths Clerk to investigate who is legal responsible where the parish council have reported to WSCC via Love West Sussex a tree issue on a footpath and then someone is injured by the tree Clerk ASAP  
16. Health & Safety Updates c) Bowls Pavilion New legislation

·  Fire Extinguishers in buildings

·  Requirement for annual checks for Exit/ fire signs in buildings

 

Clerk to add requirements to the compliance schedule

 

 

Clerk

 

 

ASAP

 

 

Outstanding Action points –February 2021 Parish Council meeting

Agenda Item   Councillor Due Date Completed
3) – County Councillor report Road issues

Repaired sunken manhole cover near the A283/Hesworth Lane junction has started to sink again. JD to report to WSS Highways. Clerk to monitor.

 

JD/Clerk

 

ongoing

Reported by JD on 12/3/21. Clerk to monitor

 

14. Working Groups -d) iii) – Birchwalks Woods Maintenance MA to look into CDC Tree Planting Scheme for Birchwalks wood – possibly replace birch for mixed woodland trees. MA to discuss with Bob Epson during survey. MA April  

 

Outstanding Action points –March 2021 Parish Council meeting

Agenda Item   Councillor Due Date Completed
3) – County Councillor report Road issues

JD to request a second engineer be sent out to look into the constant stream running onto the road on the A283 near Hesworth Common & Little Bognor Clerk to monitor.

 

JD/Clerk

 

ongoing

 

Clerk to monitor

 

8. Review and Update Financial Regulations & Scheme of Delegation

 

The clerk will update the documents on the website to reflect the review.

 

 

Clerk

 

ASAP

 

 
9. Cycle trail Hesworth Common additional signage for the rules of Hesworth Common be placed on St Mary’s Drive Hesworth Management Committee ongoing  
11. Urgent Items – Fittleworth Stores Marque Cricket will resume at the start of May. the licence for the Marque to end on 30 April 2021. Clerk to inform Shop committee Clerk ASAP √ Email sent 17/3/21
12. Planning – Fittleworth Stores application Recreation Ground Charity meeting

·  Review lease to determine whether or not the proposed extension is outside the “red line” in respect of the agreed rights to build on the Recreation Ground

·  Review annual rent – achieve best value for rate payer

 

 

 

RGC

 

 

 

 

RGC / Mick Foote

 

 

 

April

 

 

 

 

April

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

√ Mick Foote has provided increased rent proposal

 

Outstanding Action points –April 2021 Parish Council meeting

Agenda Item   Councillor Due Date Completed
3) – County Councillor report Road issues

JD to respond to query re any potential schemes to reduce traffic flows between South Coast and Crawley/Gatwick as a result of  people moving to south coast but still working in Crawley/Gatwick

 

JD/Clerk

 

ongoing

 

√ Email sent JD on  20/4 /21. Initial response from JD received on 20/4/21. To contact cabinet members for further answers.

 

Clerk to monitor

 

4) – District Councillor report Inward Investment grants

Project in Petworth for share office space in the old Bakery building. Request for more information about funding available for such a project. Clerk to email AS for information and introduction to the Economic Development Team.

 

AS/Clerk

 

ongoing

 

√ Email sent AS on 20/4/21.

 

Clerk to monitor

 

5) – Public Questions Out of control brambles growing on the allotments behind Greatpin Croft. Clerk to email AS who will forward concerns to Hyde Martlet who own the Allotments and request the brambles are dealt with.

 

 

AS/Clerk

 

ongoing

√ Email sent AS on 20/4/21.

 

Clerk to monitor

 

7) – Bowls club pavilion MA to attend Roll up meeting on 20/4/21 to discuss lease/maintenance issues

 

MA 20/4/21 √ MA attended and reported back to clerk

 

 

8) – Sports  pavilion Sports Pavilion – Inappropriate storage of Equipment

RD to check gaol posts moved and stored away from wall (as this was allowing access to roof space)

 

RD ASAP  
10) Consultations WSCC Post-16 Transport Policy Statement Consultation – Deadline 25/4/21- Discussed at Planning committee meeting on 15/4/21 – LS to submit comments.

 

LS 25/4/21  
12c) Finance – Tree Survey Tree survey – Hesworth Common & Triangle – to be carried out

 

Tree survey – Recreation Ground – MA to arrange separately

MA

 

 

MA

Due 13//5/21

 

Ongoing

 

 
12d) Finance – other Neighbourhood Plan grant application – CW to submit CW ASAP  
12d) Finance – other Speed gun – Clerk to investigate insurance cover CW ASAP  
13) b)iii) Working Groups Traffic 2020 Consultants – Clerk to send boundary map to ST for meeting Clerk ASAP